Hello you beautiful soul!
My name is Emma (obviously) and I’ve decided today (April 10th 2018) to start this blog. Each article will provide you with an insight into either my life or my mind. I think its safe to say I haven’t had a normal life and I can 100% guarantee that my mind has a few loose wires.
My blog might not sound like your ordinary blog, to be honest to some people it might sound like utter shit, but I don’t really care. This blog is here for you and for me! This is a place for you guys to chill out, have a cuppa, quick read and it’s a place for me to release my past troubles, let out my thoughts/emotions and tell my stories.
So what is all this about?
I’m gonna to be 100% honest with you. I have suffered with PTSD and depression for many years and I still struggle with anxiety today but I am a lot better than what I used to be. My mind used to be constantly on overtime about anything and everything. This blog is going to be a place for me to release those thoughts to prevent any blockages and mental breakdowns. I want to be able to share my experiences with you, what I’ve learnt, mistakes I’ve made and how I’ve made it to this day. I want to bring you on my journey!
Why have you started this blog?
I struggle to express my true self out there in the real world. Living in fear of what others may say or think, being judged by those closest to me and those who barely know me. To this day the people closest to me don’t know who the true Emma is. I started this blog as a way of me expressing my true self in written form. Everything I post is from my inner self. From every word to every picture comes directly from me. Throughout my life I’ve always felt like the black sheep and slightly alone. I want to connect to other people who may feel the same way and provide them with content that they might be able to relate to.
What can I expect?
Expect a blog like you have never seen/read before, is what I would like to say, but I am very new to this blogging business. You can however expect to read about hard truths, life obstacles, everyday pointless shit and the bizarre way my mind works which is a lot more interesting…
What is your aim?
Ideally I would like to publish content that people can relate to. I want to create an environment where people can realise that they aren’t on their own, I am here! The subject of mental illness is something I hold very close to my heart. I am almost out of that black hole now, and looking back I don’t ever want to be there again, but it is heart breaking for me knowing that other people are still stuck in that same black hole. I want to create a place where readers can be comfy in their own environment whilst possibly learning more about themselves. Honestly, I don’t know if this will ever take off or reach to people how I would like it to, but its worth a shot right?!
What will I find?
So I have split my blog up into different sections.
Here you will find everything to do with mindfulness, meditation and all things spiritual. I will cover everything from crystals to yoga to my personal experiences and stories. It’s ideal for those looking to connect with their inner self!
On this page you will find well basically everything to do with your health and well-being. Whether it’s physically or emotionally. You will find articles about food, self-confidence and ways to get yourself into a healthy lifestyle or healthy mind-set.
Horses have been a big part of my life and always will be. Here you will find progress stories, my personal experiences in the horse industry and all things horsey!
The Deep Stuff:
Here you will find all the personal stuff. All the deep stuff that not many people in my life know about. The posts will vary from my past to personal experiences with mental illness’ to what I have learnt. Here you might find ways that could help yourself or a friend cope with their mental illness’s.
I will keep this brief because nobody really likes first introductions.
10 Facts about Emma (me):
- I will always be brutally honest, even if it offends you. Honesty is the best policy.
- My level or sarcasm is pretty high. If you need to ask me if I was being sarcastic, know that I was being sarcastic.
- I have anxiety, depression and PTSD which can be fucking exhausting.
- I swear. I swear a lot.
- I’m not consistent in any aspect of my life. Therefore my posts might vary from every other day to 3 a day to 3 every other day or even 1 a month. I apologise in advance.
- I’m a pretty brief person. I put it down to my anxiety. However when I am passionate about a subject I will talk till you tell me to piss off.
- I don’t believe in following trends, guidelines or rules. Fuck it, you only live once right?! Be your own person! Do whatever the fuck you want and whatever makes you happy!
- I’m still figuring myself out. I’ve been lost for the past 10 years but I’m finally discovering my true self and it’s exciting!
- I’m pretty much self-taught. I have learnt tips and tricks from others but for the past year or so, I’ve been teaching myself by learning from my own mistakes.
- I can memorise song lyrics very quickly without reading them and I will remember them for years and years. My friends and I are still baffled as to how I am able to do this.
10 things I hate:
- Slow walkers.
- Rude people.
- Drivers who forget to turn their indicators off.
- Drivers who don’t use their indicators.
- People who talk to me when I’m eating. This is the absolute worst. Do not expect me to talk back. Not until I have finished my meal at least. I love food more than I do talking.
- People who purposely annoy me. Please, just fuck off.
- Hay fever. The most frustrating thing ever when you love being outdoors.
- Judgemental people. Again, please fuck off.
- Shallow minded people. Is it really that hard to just open your mind?!
- Negative people. Please don’t bring your negative energy into my aura.
10 things I love:
- My best friends L, E and Z. They mean the world to me.
- My dog Barney. I can’t describe my love for this little dog.
- My family. As much as they drive me crazy sometimes, they are the most loving and supportive family anyone could ask for.
- Horses. No matter how many times they have bitten, kicked, or stood on me, these animals are part of my soul.
- Food. Need I say anything more.
- Hannibal the TV series. As dark as it is, I love the show.
- Tattoos. I have my whole body planned out, despite how much my mum dislikes the thought.
- Being naked. Sometimes just being naked is the best stress reliever.
- Being in my own space, with my own thoughts and my own energy.
- Drivers who correctly use their indicators.
So please grab yourself a brew, glass of wine or a beer and explore the life of Emma!
I hope you enjoy!
Lots of love,