Cannabis and mangoes can be a smokers perfect match. Not only are mangoes one of your five a day but they can also help your high last longer! Mangoes hold the ability to intensify your high as well as making it last longer.
How does it work?
Mangoes are packed with Myrcene which is a terpene (Cannabis Terpenes) that interacts with THC (which is the psychoactive compound of cannabis, the one that gives you the high). Myrcene has some impressive abilities such as anti-inflammatory and anti-tumour but it also lowers the resistance across the blood to brain barrier which allows chemicals to cross the barrier quicker and more efficiently. When you eat mangoes the myrcene goes into the bloodstream. Then when you consume cannabis the THC links onto the myrcene providing it with a faster and more direct route to the brain resulting in a more intense high that lasts longer.
When eating mangoes before a smoke sesh you should consider your metabolism. If you have a slow metabolism it is probably best to eat the mangoes 1-2 hours before you start smoking. If you have a fast metabolism consider eating the mangoes 45 minutes or so beforehand.
If you think about it, mangoes make the perfect munchie go too and here’s why:
– They not only will help your high but they are packed with vitamins A and C and are only roughly 130 calories each making them a lot healthier than the normal junk food munchie cravings.
– Mangoes are made up of 82% water and help people lose weight and regulate their blood sugar levels.
– They help improve digestion (which is great for edibles).
– They improve skin and hair conditions.
– Improve bone density.
– Reduce asthma flare ups (which could benefit anyone smoking cannabis).
– A study was conducted by Texas A&M food scientists and they found that mangoes have a on all forms of cancer tested (colon, breast, leukemia, lung and prostate).
It isn’t only mangoes that improve your high as well as satisfying the munchies. Other healthy foods that will intensify your high are:
– Nuts. They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids which bind with the cannabinoids. Not only that but nuts help to improve your cardiovascular system as well as help maintain the health of your heart.
– Broccoli. Eating broccoli before getting high can help wonders with any inflammatory pain. Broccoli is rich in terpene called beta-caryophyllene which binds with the CB2 receptors and they work together to reduce pain, depression and inflammation.
– Tea. Either black or green tea contain a compound called catechin which attaches itself onto the CB1 receptors in the brain. This alone helps you to relax but when you add cannabis as well it increase the feeling of euphoria and reduces any negative emotions/feelings.
– Herbs/Spices. All rich with terpenes. Herbs such as thyme, bay or sage contain pinene which is a terpene that helps open up the passages to the lungs and absorb the cannabinoids easier.
If you are worried about what food you consume or how much you consume when you get the munchies, try out natural foods such as fruits/vegetables. These will be rich in terpenes which could provide you with a better high, longer high, pain relief or some extra emotional support.
Sending my love,