Hello ladies and gentleman! It’s Friday! Finally! Only a couple more days to go till a fresh new week! I thought for todays Fun Fact Friday I would provide you with 10 facts about my dog. He’s a huge part of my life and I can’t put into words how much he means to me. It seems only fair that he has his own article…
- He’s called Barney. Before we got him, me and my mum wrote down a list of dog names that we liked. It came down to Jack or Barney. Barney was the winner.
- He’s a pedigree border terrier bought from a litter of puppies. His pedigree name is Chancery King…and we called him Barney…
- His birthday is April 13th 2008. So every other year his birthday lands on Friday 13th…spooky.
- He joined our family shortly after my dad died. We’ve had him since he was 8 weeks old!
- He absolutely loves pasta. Whether its plain or with a meat sauce. Pasta is his absolute favourite!
- He snores…a lot. As he’s gotten older, he’s started to snore more.
- If we go for a drive, the window has to be down. If the window is up he’ll scream and cry. He’s great company for summer drives, but not whilst driving in winter.
- He cries when he gets attention. Most dogs cry if they don’t get attention. Not Barney. I’ve found some people find it adorable that he cries when they stroke him, some people find it slightly disturbing. I can see their point.
- When he was a puppy, he was extremely destructive. One time when I was in high school, I came downstairs to find one of my school shoes chewed up. The worst thing is I still had to wear the shoe to school because I didn’t have another pair suitable…
- The postman and the window cleaner are his mortal enemies.
Barney isn’t a dog to me. He is family. He is a brother, uncle, cousin and best friend. Not a granddad though…he’s not old enough yet! He’s been there with me through my darkest times. He’s been there to make me laugh, comfort me and to lick my tears away. He truly is a blessing in my life and I am unbelievably lucky to have him. He’s always there to welcome me home, even if I have only been gone for 5 minutes. Even though he’s getting a bit older now, he’s still always up for adventures and eager to explore new places with me.
I know he’ll never read this. He won’t even understand what this is, but it’s the least I can do for him. He deserves to be acknowledged for how much he has helped me. The past 10 years would have been even darker without him there. I am and will be forever grateful for how he helped me see the light and find my true self.
Are pets are sometimes our heroes without us realising. They are always there for us. They hold no negativity towards you and are always there to uplift our moods.
Please give your pet a treat from me,
Sending my love to you and your companions,